Harmony builds an open marketplace at Google-scale for the decentralized economy. This project aims to provide a consensus protocol over the open Internet at 10 million transactions per second with 100-millisecond latency and at most 0.1% fee.
Harmony’s goal is to be 1,000+ times faster and cheaper than Bitcoin and Ethereum. They are rebuilding the decentralized economy with 10x innovations in all components: transport network (Google’s UDP, Bloom tables, 5G mobile), consensus protocol (Byzantine committees, acyclic graphs, monopolist fees), and system tooling (unikernels, multi-core in Rust, zero-copy streaming).
As the infrastructure for the world’s data firehose, their bandwidth must scale to 10M tx/sec to support data from supply chain IoT devices or energy grids. Yet, all of the above must settle agreements within 100 milliseconds to support instant reactions for autonomous robots or on-chain quotes in exchanges.
They employ technical innovations that are already proven in research and implementation. For example, Google’s UDP currently powers 35% of its traffic (or 7% of the Internet) with 50% latency improvement, OmniLedger Byzantine protocol benchmarks to 13,000 tx/sec and 1.5 sec latency with 1,800 hosts, while unikernels in Rust archives 10M concurrent connections on a standard 96-core machine on Amazon Cloud.
THE TEAM: Stephen Tse
– a researcher at Microsoft Research, a senior infrastructure engineer at Google, and a principal engineer on search ranking at Apple. He founded the mobile search Spotsetter with institutional venture capital; Apple later acquired the startup. Nicolas Burtey
– founded a VR video startup in 2012 that grew to 40 people and raised $10m. Nicolas has a bachelor degree in mathematics and computer science, and a master degree in computational photography. Alok Kothari
– has worked on deep learning models for natural language understanding at Apple Siri. He has conducted research in word sense disambiguation, machine translation, and social media retrieval. Alok has published at top conference venues including SIGIR, ICWSM and EMNLP. Rongjian Lan
– a search infrastructure engineer for Play Store at Google. Rongjian is the co-chair of ABC Blockchain Foundation with 100+ engineers from Google, Facebook, Linkedin as members. Hakwan Lau
– a full professor at University of California, Los Angeles. He specializes in neuroscience and machine learning. Hakwan studied at Oxford on the prestigious Rhodes Scholarship, was an associate professor at Columbia University, and published 90+ papers in peer-reviewed journals. Trausti Kristjansson (Part time)
– has worked at the industry’s most respected research labs (Microsoft Research, IBM Research, Google Research), founded full-stack startups and led PhD engineers at the top of their field as an engineering Director. Georgios Fainekos (Academic Consult)
– is a tenured professor at Arizona State University. He specializes in formal methods of cyber-physical systems, swarm robotics, and machine learning for real-time planning. Georgios did his doctoral studies at the General Robotics, Automation, Sensing & Perception Labs (GRASP Labs) of the University of Pennsylvania. Bruce Huang (Part time)
– was an engineer lead at Microsoft for 7 years, a director at Alibaba Cloud and at Credit Ease. Later, he was the CEO of Madailicai, a top peer lending company in China. Bruce is a certified snowboard instructor. He obtained his master’s degree in computer science at the Simon Fraser University. Zi Wang
– worked at Google from 2006-2015 on Chrome, Google [X], Android and Nexus. He was the first Global Creative Director for the Google hardware division and co-founded a Google research lab with a $20M budget. Isaac Zhang
– started designing civil engineering systems at age 11. He cofounded a smart city and indoor mapping startup, Locision, that raised $20M. Aaron Li
– started programming since the age of 7 and started mining Bitcoin since 2011. He won the prestigious ACM SIGKDD best paper award on language topic modeling while completing his master’s degree at the Carnegie Mellon University. Navneet Singh
– led mobile engineering at Google for 6 years. He has also been the Senior Vice President at the largest payment processor WorldPay and the Head of Data Science at the mobile payment provider Ezetap. Michael Young
– co-founded and led 3 venture-backed companies to acquisitions, including one to a key supplier of Apple. Bringing expertise in computer vision, he has closed deals with Fortune 500 companies, the US Department of Defense, and strategic partners across China and Japan. Kushagra Shrivastava
– runs the Xoogler investment syndicate. He worked at Google from 2006-2014, leading marketing and strategy for Google Play and Android Apps. Graduated from the INSEAD Executive Program for marketing, Kushagra was the chief executive for products at an advertising startup acquired by Pinterest. https://harmony.one/
#harmonyprotocol #deepsharding #blockchain #BUIDL #BTC #ETH
As evidence of mainstream interest, Mr. Andresen pointed to the Bitcoin 2013 conference in San Jose, Calif., next month, which is attracting entrepreneurs with Silicon Valley venture capital backing. Kodak, the iconic photography company first established in in the 1880s, has joined the blockchain and ICO age. Today, January 9, 2018, it announced a new blockchain-based platform with WENN Digital to empower and protect image makers, photographers and artists. A Major Tesla Investor Has Predicted Bitcoin Will Be Worth More Than $1 Trillion In Under 10 Years; Coronavirus Has Made Akon’s $6 Billion Crypto-Powered, ‘Real-Life Wakanda’ In Senegal ... Inside Bitcoins Conference in NYC. Director of Content, Events/Conferences at Mediabistro, Stewart Quealy and Founder of Bitcoin Foundation - BitInstant, Charlie Shrem Lee currently serves on the board of Bitcoin Foundation, a non-profit organization that fosters the adoption of bitcoin globally. In his spare time, he enjoys traveling, photography, watching movies, and playing poker. David Orban Seed stage startup and AI investor.
Dutch Blockchain Conference 6,595 views. 29:31. 1. Introduction to Human Behavioral Biology - Duration: ... The Bitcoin Foundation 17,072 views. 35:29. Marty Lobdell - Study Less Study Smart ... Brock Pierce, Founder of Blockchain Capital, EOS, Tether, and Chairman of the Bitcoin Foundation- took some time at this years Blockshow Asia Conference to talk with The Cointelegraph about a ... UNCHAIN Bitcoin & Blockchain Convention 2019 was a 2 day conference featuring leading international cryptocurrency and blockchain experts - debating the most exciting issues of cryptocurrencies ... Recorded at the Bitcoin 2013 conference in San Jose, CA. Conference sponsored by Bitcoin Foundation. Red Pill Recording recorded this talk. Roger Ver is the ... Coverage from the World's First Bitcoin Conference & World Expo! Gavin Andresen the lead technical developer of the Bitcoin project discusses Bitcoin history, how he got involved, and the future ...